Independence Day came along and to celebrate it, I decided to make Bacon Artichoke dip!!
Don’t get me wrong, spinach and artichoke is really good as a dip too, but this twist on a traditional dip was so satisfying, I think I might actually like this one just a teensy bit better.. 🙂
So please enjoy, and serve with your favorite chips (I personally like pita with these)!
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz artichoke
- 2 T mayo
- 5 strips really crispy bacon
- Prepare bacon on stove. Once done, set aside on paper towel to drain.
- Use same pan to saute shallots, garlic, and artichoke until soft.
- Set aside 1 bacon strip for later.
- Put everything (excluding the 1 bacon strip) in food processor; process until smooth.
- Put into glass or oven approved dish and crumble reserved bacon on top.
- TO CHILL: Chill for 1 hr. Serve with chips of your choice.
- TO HEAT: Preheat oven for 350 F. Pop in oven for 5-10min or until warm. Serve with chips of your choice.
(Show some love, and follow/like Mensore Girl on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and Instagram!)