Unlike my original Baked Satsumaimo recipe where it’s soft and moist, this recipe makes the satsumaimo crispy and crunchy! Yum!!
…However, it does take a little bit of time to prep. Heehee.
Some people really like the original one over the chips because they like the soft inside of the potato, creating a mash or whatever, but I personally like these chips a little more. It has a firmer hold to it, I tend to like crunchy things, and I can always cut the slices a little thicker to get a softer inside (which is what I did for the picture below. By the way, they’re awesome that way, too!) Try it out and see for yourself… They make a great side dish to meat dishes!
- 2 Satsumaimo (Sweet Potato)
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut potatoes at an angle, cutting each slide at around the same width. Deposit slices in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil to coat, then line potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper onto slices.
- Put baking sheet into oven, letting potatoes sit for 10 min. After, flip and let toast for 10 more minutes, then serve hot.
(Show some love, and follow/like Mensore Girl on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and Instagram!)