My dad loves peanut butter mochi. And this peanut butter mochi recipe hits the spot!
Like, really, he’ll eat himself sick with them, he loves them that much. Not that I would like him to do that, but I do find it sort of satisfying to make food for the people I care about. (: Right?!
So, I decided to make peanut butter mochi today, and they’re a hit! Try them out for yourself, but don’t be a glutton for punishment (they’re uber delicious, and I know it’ll be hard to only have just one!).
- 1½ c mochiko
- 1½ c water
- 1 c sugar
- Peanut butter (either crunchy or smooth, whichever you like)
- Cooking spray
- Microwavable container
- In a bowl, combine mochiko, water, and sugar until they are completely dissolved and there are no lumps.
- Spray the microwavable container with cooking spray, then put the mochiko mix in.
- Put in microwave for 5min on high. Check to see if the mochi is done. If needed, cook until the mochi is firm and not grainy (add 2min to the time if the mochi isn’t done by 5min, then continually add 2min until done).
- Let cool until warm, then with a plastic knife, cut the mochi into even squares. Spread out the mochi, dab a little bit of peanut butter in the middle, and fold while pinching the edges to seal.
- Put kinako in shallow dish and roll peanut butter mochi in kinako. Lightly brush off excess kinako and set aside. Do this for all the mochi.
- Enjoy! 🙂